Digital Account Manager
About the job
ClerksWell is expanding. We’re working with new industries, new clients and new technologies. We’re taking on bigger, better, more complicated projects because we’re good at it. And as we expand, we need experienced, ambitious people with passion and ideas. Join our team and work with an inclusive team of warm and wonderful individuals who can’t wait to get you to the pub and ask you what you're reading / eating / watching / knitting.
ClerksWell is an award-winning digital agency based in London. Our CEO and CTO met in the UK’s first internet café on Tottenham Court Road and 20+ years later they’re still working together. ClerksWell has a broad digital offering and all of our staff are given the opportunity to develop their skills across all of our technologies. There's the website side of things, where we build, maintain and fix websites built on Sitecore and Umbraco. And then there's the other side of ClerksWell, which offers consultancy and bespoke builds for Microsoft 365.
Who are ClerksWell?
We’re a team of 35 individuals (and growing!) We’re a bright, vibrant, passionate team. We love to learn, and we’re inspired to do so. Every individual who joins our business has their very own development programme and promotion is actively encouraged. Most of our staff have been with us for over 5 years (some for over 15 years) which speaks to the positive and constructive culture at ClerksWell.
What you’ll get
- Full-time permanent contract
- Salary plus commission
- Up to 25 days holiday per year
- Minimum of 5 training days per year covered by the company
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology
- Quarterly team/social events
- Private healthcare
- Potential to progress into a managerial position
- Weekly lunches covered by the CEO
Are you right for the job?
- I’m already working as an experienced Account Director or Senior Account Manager cultivating long-term relationships and managing all areas of account management.
- I like to join the dots for my clients, linking people, teams and projects with their aims and ambitions.
- I have knowledge of the technology industry.
- I’m creative and communicative.
- I enjoy working within a team of multi-skilled people to come up with innovative solutions to business problems
- I enjoy direct client contact which strengthens the relationship between my agency and the client.
- I am proactive and have a desire to learn.
- I’d like to manage a junior AM or small team in the future.
What will you do?
From day one, you’ll be an integral part of the team at ClerksWell. We will give you a small number of large, recognised B2B clients to be under your control. As you settle in, you’ll work across the whole project life cycle. You will work closely with your team of Project Managers and developers, while maintaining and developing relationships with your clients. We’re a close-knit bunch at ClerksWell, and we want you to be successful. So you’ll get the full support of our team as you progress through the business. Training, mentorship, hybrid working – we have been doing it for years. As an Account Director, you'll...
- Cultivate long-term client relationships
- Control all aspects of account management, including close contact with the client and financial accountability
- Produce accurate revenue forecasts for new and existing clients
- Create, develop and own strategic and tactical plans to help your clients achieve their objectives
- Negotiate project renewals and contracts
- Produce high-quality reports for your clients as well as reports and presentations to senior management and proposals/pitches to prospective clients
- Develop relationships with our strategic partners and third parties
- Listen to the needs of the market and clients and share your knowledge internally
- Develop your own networks across the client organisation
- Take advantage of all opportunities to network with industry peers and prospective clients
- Clearly communicate client and budget issues to senior management
- Work with the marketing department to promote our achievements
- Secure and exceed revenue targets of £800k per year
What will you need?
- Experience in client management or marketing (digital/internet)
- Experience of managing technical and creative staff
- Graduate calibre
- Impeccable communication and organisation skills
- An ability to bring and convey knowledge and have a keen hunger for learning.