CAREERS @ CLERKSWELL
.NET DEVELOPER (with Sitecore)
Why are we hiring?
ClerksWell is expanding.
We’re working with new industries, new clients and new technologies. We’re taking on bigger, better, more complicated projects because we’re good at it.
And as we expand, we need more people. We need new, shiny talented people with passion and ideas.
Join our team in Vauxhall and work with an inclusive team of weird and wonderful individuals who can’t wait to get you to the pub for after work drinks.
What is ClerksWell?
ClerksWell is an award winning digital agency based in London. Our CEO and CTO met in the UK’s first internet café on Tottenham Court Road and 20 years later they’re still working together.
ClerksWell is split into two parts and all of our staff are offered the opportunity to develop their skills across all of our technologies. There’s the website side of things, where we build, maintain and fix websites built on Sitecore and Umbraco. And then there’s the other side of ClerksWell, which offers consultancy and bespoke builds for Office 365.
Who are ClerksWell?
We’re a team of 30 individuals (and growing!) We’re a bright, vibrant, passionate team. We love to learn and we’re inspired to do so. Every individual who joins our business has their very own development programme and promotion is actively encouraged.
Most of our staff have been with us for over 5 years (some for over 15 years) which speaks to the positive and constructive culture at ClerksWell.
What you’ll get
Type of position
- Full-time permanent contract
- Up to 25 days holiday per year
- 5 training days per year covered by the company
- Opportunity to work on cutting-edge technology
- Quarterly team events (we’re going football zorbing next!)
- Private healthcare
- Potential to progress quickly into a managerial position
- Weekly lunches covered by the CEO
- Vauxhall, Central London
- Nearest Stations – Vauxhall, Westminster and Kennington
Are you right for the job?
- I’m an experienced .Net Developer and can write some pretty clever code
- I’m creative and communicative
- I’m interested in developing my skills and working with new cloud based architectures such as Azure
- I’m logical and enjoy solving complicated problems
- I enjoy working within a team of clever people to come up with innovative solutions to business problems
- I like leading and motivating my team
- I enjoy direct client contact which strengthens the relationship between my agency and the client
- I am proactive and have a desire to learn
What will you do?
From day one, you’ll be an integral part of the team at ClerksWell. We’re a small (but growing) agency and every single employee is key to our success.
On your first day, you’ll meet your Project Manager and the rest of the team. We’ll show you the ropes and give you the tools you need to get started on your successful career at our agency.
As you settle in, you’ll work across the whole project lifecycle, from the initial scope through to the delivery of the project. You’ll work closely with your team, but also with our clients where your opinion as an experienced developer will be valued and appreciated.
Your average day will start with a daily stand-up, where you’ll update your team on the project progress you’ve made, while alerting your Project Manager of any blockers so that we can work through these as a team. You’ll then get on with your work as a pro-active individual and you’ll leave at the end of the day knowing that you’ve accomplished something that day.
We’re a close knit bunch at ClerksWell, and we want you to be successful. So you’ll get the full support of our team as you progress through the business.
What will you need?
- Experience in building scalable, maintainable and high performing web applications
- Proficiency in debugging and testing new code, ability to understand and debug code written by others
- Ability to fix bugs and issues in a timely manner
- Creative problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills
- Extensive experience of working with ASP.NET using C# (Frameworks 2.0 and 4.0 – current)
- Knowledge of both ASP.NET Web Forms and ASP.NET MVC
- Working with source control, deployment and change management processes. Experience using git and Visual Studio
- Proven track record in HTML, CSS and client-side scripting
- Writing and consuming web services
- A good working knowledge of MS SQL Server, including writing efficient queries and stored procedures
- Exposure to Sitecore development
- Experience working with XML and XSLT
- Some experience of working with Sitecore
Nice to haves:
- Sitecore developer certification
- An understanding of Sitecore best practices
- Knowledge of Entity Framework would be an advantage
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Third party payment providers and secure ecommerce transactions experience
If you are interested in applying for this role or for more information, please contact us at email@example.com.