Reports to: CIO
Location: 309- 310, Metal Box Factor, 30 Great Guildford Street, London. SE1 0HS
Why are we hiring?
ClerksWell is expanding.
We’re working with new industries, new clients and new technology. We’re taking on bigger, better, more complex projects because we’re good at it.
And as we expand, we need more people. We need new, shiny talented people with passion and ideas.
Join our team in India and work with an inclusive team of weird and wonderful individuals.
What is ClerksWell?
ClerksWell is an award-winning digital agency based in London. Our CEO and CTO met in the UK’s first internet café on Tottenham Court Road and 20 years later they are still working together.
ClerksWell is split into two parts and all our staff are offered the opportunity to develop their skills across all of our technology. There's the web development side of the business, where we build, maintain and fix websites built with .NET, Sitecore and Umbraco. And then there's the other side of ClerksWell, which offers consultancy and bespoke builds for Microsoft 365.
Who are ClerksWell?
We’re a team of 35 individuals (and growing!) We’re a bright, vibrant, passionate team. We love to learn, and we’re inspired to do so. Every individual who joins our business has their very own development programme and promotion is actively encouraged.
Most of our staff have been with us for over 5 years (some for over 15 years) which speaks to the positive and constructive culture at ClerksWell.
- Remote based
What you’ll get
- Full-time permanent contract
- Up to 25 days holiday per year
- Minimum of 5 training days per year covered by the company with additional training encouraged
- Fortnightly half day free upskilling & training for the technical team
- Opportunity to work with cutting-edge technology
- Quarterly team/social events
- Private healthcare
- Potential to progress into a technical lead position
- Weekly lunches covered by the CEO and daily fruit, snacks and drinks (when in the office)
Are you right for the job?
- I am a developer and can write some pretty clever code
- I have solid hands-on technical experience with the .NET framework
Programming with C# comes easy to me and I’m very knowledgeable with web development .NET technology
- I am up to date and have 3 or more years of commercial experience in Sitecore development. I have a certification or ambition to become a certified developer
- I have good English written and oral communication
- I am logical and enjoy solving complex problems
- I enjoy working within a team of clever people to come up with innovative solutions to business problems
- I am proactive and have a desire to learn and improve myself and others around me
- I have a desire to become a more experienced developer and ambition to take on more responsibility and become a ClerksWell technical lead
What will you do?
From day one, you’ll be an integral part of the team at ClerksWell. We’re a small (but growing) agency and every single employee is key to our success.
On your first day, you’ll meet our CIO and the rest of the team. We’ll show you the ropes and give you the tools you need to get started on your successful career at our agency.
As you settle in, you’ll work across various projects. You’ll work closely with your team, but also with our clients where your opinion as a developer will be valued and appreciated.
You will be helping us build the newest Sitecore applications we will deliver in 2022, as well as help finding solutions for more established Sitecore applications we maintain for our customers. You will be working as a Sitecore developer on teams of 2 to 6 people that are entirely responsible for the projects they run. You will be responsible for the implementation of features, sometimes individually and sometimes in collaboration with other developers. We have a dedicated quality assurance and project management team with which you will work to ensure the applications we deliver are perfect.
Your usual day will start with a daily stand-up, where you’ll update your team on the progress you’ve made, while alerting your Project Manager of any blockers so that we can work through these as a team. You’ll then get on with your work as a pro-active individual and you’ll leave at the end of the day knowing that you’ve accomplished something that day.
We’re a close-knit bunch at ClerksWell, and we want you to be successful. So, you’ll get the full support of our team as you progress through the business.
What will you need?
Technical must haves:
- Solid Sitecore development experience, preferably Sitecore 9 and above
- Very comfortable with .NET and C#, especially for web development
- Knows how to use Git and has good version control practices
- Capable of independently implementing Sitecore features from back-end to front-end
- An ability to come up with smart solutions to business problems keeping a positive attitude when facing challenges
Technical nice to haves:
- Experience setting up Sitecore 10 environments with Docker
- Kubernetes experience
- Experience with Microsoft Azure Cloud Platform
- Build & Release pipelines using Azure DevOps
- Understanding and practice of Unit Testing