Head Of Business Development
We are looking for an ambitious team player to join and lead our established sales and marketing team.
ClerksWell is a digital agency with 27 years of technical innovation and client success. We thrive when tackling complex business problems and finding smart solutions. We specialise in high-end web build projects for corporate clients with expertise in Sitecore, Umbraco and Ucommerce technologies.
You are energetic and inquisitive, interested in tech but driven by customer success stories. You have the capacity to manage the sales process from end to end, from lead generation to closing, working with a strong team to support you.
Using your personal drive and exceptional skills in pipeline management, your role will be to develop our go-to-market strategy and manage campaign execution across the sales and marketing function. This role will require excellent leadership skills. You will be expected to establish and deliver clear expectations for measures of success in your team.
You will have the ability to shape both the direction and strategy of your team. You will start by leading a team of four – with the authority to hire the marketing and account management resources you want to achieve your goals.
As well as dealing with the bigger picture, you have the skills and personality to be the first point of call for a new lead – and happy to pick up the phone when it rings.
You have the talent and confidence to lead and win pitches and successfully transition new business to the account management team.
You will be reporting directly to the CEO.
This is an ideal opportunity for a business development manager who has not yet worked at this level in their existing job but is ready for autonomy and reward.
You must have:
- Proven track record (3 years +) in sales and/or Business Development in a digital agency
- Experience in managing accounts and closing deals in excess of £100K
- At ease engaging with clients at the C-suite level
- Comfortable with a focus on lead generation and targets
- Expert understanding of campaign development and execution
- Proven experience in driving opportunities through the sales cycle
- Experience of managing and developing teams
- Ability to work well with everyone in the organisation, regardless of location, function or seniority
- Exceptional communication skills
- A sound business understanding
- You should also be comfortable working across a range of marketing and content management systems
Location and hours
This is a full-time, on-site role based in London Bridge.
- A full-time permanent contract with a review after 3 months.
- 25 days annual leave
- Private medical insurance
- 5 days paid training per year
- Weekly staff lunch
- Quarterly social events and regular pub nights with a friendly team
- Fruit and snacks in the office
- Access to our company flat in Lake Como